Among the many programs at UBC which support personal development, what follows are a few options open to our staff members looking to develop skills and competencies.
- MOST Program: www.hr.ubc.ca/odl/most/
The MOST Program consists of workshops designed to develop knowledge, skills and enhance self-understanding. Workshops are open to faculty and staff at UBC. Pricing varies according to UBC affiliation, but they are frequently offered at no charge or minimal cost to UBC staff.
- UBC Continuing Studies: www.cstudies.ubc.ca
UBC Continuing Studies serves the adult education needs of lifelong learners. Courses, workshops, seminars and certificate programs accommodate varied learning interests.
- UBC Human Resources – Learning Portal: www.hr.ubc.ca/learning/
The learning portal offers a wide variety of opportunities from academic programs, through to workshops, to individual coaching.
- Engage an accredited Coach – www.hr.ubc.ca/coaching/
Coaching can help you focus and move forward with your personal, professional or organizational goals through exploring ideas in candid dialogue with a confidential and unbiased thinking partner
- OnLine Expert Software Training: www.hr.ubc.ca/odl/onlineexpert/
Online Expert offers self-guided tutorials and practice exercises on the most popular software. Develop and practice computer skills at your pace.
- Managing at UBC: www.hr.ubc.ca/odl/leadership/managing/
Managing at UBC is a program designed to support new managers in their first year. Through this program, new managers will be supported in working towards their full potential and gain a broadened understanding of their role in managing people.
Funding Opportunities for UBC Staff:
- Staff benefit for tuition fees: www.finance.ubc.ca/payroll/benefits/tuition.cfm
- Job Skills Training Program: CUPE 2950 staff: www.hr.ubc.ca/odl/funding/jstp.html
- AAPS Professional Development Fund: M&P staff: www.hr.ubc.ca/odl/funding/AAPS.html
- TRA Professional Development Fund: Non Union Technicians and Research Assistants www.hr.ubc.ca./odl/funding/tra.html
- Executive Administrative Professional Development Fund: Executive Administrative Staff www.hr.ubc.ca/odl/funding/eapd.html